Albert Van Der Westhuizen
Albert is a Mechanical Engineer and AEE Certified Renewable Energy Professional and has spent many years in corporate before striking out on his own. Having always had a bit of a green heart and with an intense interest in technology, the renewable energy business was an obvious choice
A preview of what LinkedIn members have to say about Albert:
- Excellent strategic thinking and analytical approach to determine the critical success factors for a project and deliver on them with excellence and in a very short period of time.
- Albert, worked directly for me as the Manager of the Business Improvement function of Klipspruit Colliery. Albert is a strategic thinker with strong analytical skills. He has a sound knowledge of the Six Sigma methodologies and tools. I would strongly recommend him for a position which has a requirement for these skill sets. Dean
Over 20 Years of Experience
- Owner – Spinnacle Consulting Spinnacle Consulting March 2014 – To date Gauteng Area, South Africa Consulting services relating to strategy, supply sourcing and business improvement.
- Principal Consultant Bp2 International October 2015 – Present (1 year 6 months)Johannesburg Area, South Africa Principal Consultant for international consulting company bp2i working on a procurement improvement project for a JSE listed mining contracting company.
- Franchise Owner Gener-8 Power Solutions Pretoria East July 2015 – January 2020
- Supply Category Manager BHPBilliton June 2011 – February 2014 (2 years 9 months) I was responsible for the Category Management of the MRO category in the South African coal division including aspects such as spend analysis, sourcing strategies, Supplier Relationship Management, etc.
- Surface Production Manager BHPBilliton February 2010 – September 2010 (8 months) I was responsible for managing the mining contractor in a truck and shovel opencast coal mining operation. Key performance areas included Production and Health and Safety.
- Business Excellence Manager BHPBilliton December 2006 – January 2010 (3 years 2 months)
- Superintendent Casthouse BHP Billiton January 2003 – November 2005 (2 years 11 months)Richards Bay Area, South Africa
- B. Eng (Mech) – MBA – AEE Certified Energy Professional
- University of Pretoria/Universiteit van Pretoria Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.), Mechanical Engineering 1987 – 1991
- The University of Edinburgh Master of Business Administration (MBA), Business Administration and Management, General 2007 – 2009
- Solution Orientated
Volunteer Experience and Causes
Causes Albert cares about:
- Economic Empowerment
- Science and Technology